The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is expanding the warning for fesikh, a salted and cured fish product that may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum.
- Whole Fesikh Mullet
- Cut up Fesikh Mullet in Oil
- Sold in packages of different counts and weights
- No code or date information
- Sold from Lotus Catering and Fine Food at 1960 Lawrence Avenue East in Toronto, Ontario
- Sold on or before April 17, 2012
There have been three illnesses reported associated with the consumption of these products. Botulism poisoning can be fatal, and foods contaminated with the bacteria do not look, taste, or smell spoiled.
For questions and more information, call the CFIA at 1-800-442-2342.