Caribe Produce Ltd. Co. of Texas is recalling 286 cases of papayas because they may be contaminated with Salmonella bacteria.
- Papaya Maradol, Caribeña Brand
- Packed in 35 pound cartons
- Marked with the words “Caribeña” and “Product of Mexico” on the side.
- Papayas are sold individually
- Each papaya has a label that states ““3112 CARIBEÑA Papaya MARADOL PRODUCT OF MEXICO”
- Distributed in the Bronx, New York
- Sold in wholesale and retail stores form May 14, 2012 to May 17, 2012
No illnesses have been reported in connection with the consumption of this product. Consumers who have purchased these papayas should return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. For questions, call 1-956-874-9411.