FunFresh Foods Inc. of California is recalling a single lots of FunFresh Foods™ World Berries™ Organic “Cacao Nibs” because they may be contaminated with E. coli 0157:H7 bacteria. This bacteria can cause hemolytic uremic syndrome, which can lead to kidney failure and death.
- FunFresh Foods™ World Berries™ Organic “Cacao Nibs”
- 6 ounce packages
- World Berries™ logo
- UPC number 632474929022
- Lot code 161104
- Use-by date 04/14, laster etched on the vertical edge of the back panel
- Distributed from April 12 through April 17, 2012 to health and natural food retail stores
- 253 of 500 packages have been retrieved from retail stores
- Distributed to these states: AK, AR, AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NH, NJ, NM, OH, OK, OR, SC, SC, TN, TX, WA, WI, and WV
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this product. Production of the product has been suspended while an investigation is conducted.
Do not eat this product. If you have purchased it, return to the place of purchase for a full refund. For questions, call 1-800-232-8619 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST.