Rich Products Corporation has recalled quarter sheet Vanilla Flavored Pre-Soaked Sponge Cake because small bits of plastic were found on the product. These fragments range in size from 1/4 to 3/4 inches.
- “1/4 (quarter) Sheet Vanilla Flavored Pre-Soaked Sponge Cake Artificially Flavored”
- Produced by Rich’s in Ocoyoacac, Mexico, imported into the U.S. for sale
- UPC code number 00049800004054
- Product was produced after July 10, 2011
- The cake was not produced for retail distribution, but was sold to in-store bakeries and foodservice customers by the case. Rich’s has notified all of its customers and distributors.
There have been no reports of injuries connected to consumption of this product. The problem was caused by a new resin used by their plastic packaging supplier.
If you have questions, call 1-800-356-7094 (in the U.S.) or 1-800-263-8174 (in Canada) between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST.