The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada are recalling more than 1.7 million Tassimo Single-Cup Coffee Makers because the plastic disc, also called a T Disc, can become clogged and spray hot liquid, posing a burn hazard. Food Poisoning Bulletin told you about the T Disc recall yesterday.
There have been 140 reports of injuries in connection with this product, including 37 reports of second-degree burn injuries. One victim, a 10-year-old girl from Minnesota, suffered second-degree burns to her face one year ago and needed skin grafts. Even though reports of these incidents were all over the blogosphere for more than a year, the recall is only being announced now.
The recall covers 835,000 appliances in the United States and 900,000 in Canada. They were manufactured by BSH Home Appliances of Irvine, California. The products recalled are Tassimo brewers with the Bosch brand name along with Tassimo Professional brewers.
- “BOSCH” and “TASSIMO” are printed on the front of the brewers.
- “TASSIMO PROFESSIONAL” is printed on the front of the professional model.
- The Bosch-brand brewers were sold in black, white, anthracite, gray, silver, red, titanium, and white/gray colors.
- The Tassimo Professional brewers were sold only in black.
- You can see photos of all the products at the CPSC website.
- The model number and date code are on the bottom of the brewer.
- Manufactured in Slovenia and China
|Brand||Product # Start With:||Date Codes|
|Bosch®||TAS100||FD 8806 through 9109|
|Bosch®||TAS200||FD 8806 through 9109|
|Bosch®||TAS451||FD 8806 through 9109|
|Bosch®||TAS46||FD 8806 through 9109|
|Bosch®||TAS651||FD 8806 through 9109|
|Tassimo Professional||TAS6512CUL||FD 8905 through 9109|
The Bosch® coffee makers were sold at department stores, home improvement stores, and mass merchandise stores from June 2008 through February 2012 for between $100 and $250. The Tassimo Professional model was only sold directly to food service providers and hotels.
Stop using the appliances and contact the firm for a replacement at 1-866-918-8763 between 8:00 am and 8:00 EST Monday through Friday, and between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm EST Saturday.
If you or someone you know has been injured by these products, let the Consumer Product Safety Commission know about it. File an online report with Safer Products.gov or call 1-800-638-2772.