Antonelli’s and Sons of California is recalling 3,534 pounds of a raw stuffed chicken product because it may contain milk, soy, and monosodium glutamate (MSG) that are not declared on the label.
- Trader Joe’s Cranberry Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Use by date of 6/13/12 through 6/23/12
- Use by date located on a sticker in the top right corner of the package
- Establishment number “P-22018” inside the USDA mark of inspection
- Packaged between June 1, 2012 and June 11, 2012
- Distributed to retail establishments in:
The problem was discovered during a label review by FSIS personnel. While MSG isn’t classified as an allergen, those with a sensitivity to the chemical can have health reactions. There have been no reports of adverse reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
For questions, call the company’s Chief Operating Officer, Larry Barron, at 1-650-952-7413.