ZIP International Group of Edison, New Jersey is recalling sliced herring filet because of Listeria contamination. The product is an import from the Ukraine.
- Sliced herring fillet (Forelka)
- 330 gram plastic containers
- 600 gram plastic containers
- Code date of “Best Before 03/06/2012”
- Sold in the New York Metropolitan area
Routine sampling by the New York State Department of Agriculture, Markets Food Inspectors, and Food Laboratory found the presence of Listeria in the herring. No illnesses have been reported in connection with consumption of this product.
Listeria can can serious illnesses in anyone in a high risk group. If you have purchased this product, return it to the place of purchase. For questions, call 1-732-225-3600.