Mahesh Maheshwari, president of Sabji Mani, has issued an “Urgent” recall for his company’s “Vrindavan” Cow Ghee product, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The product, distributed before September 9, 2016, contains undeclared milk allergens. These allergens can pose serious health risks to consumers who are sensitive or allergic to milk.
The product, packaged in clear glass jars, contain the following UPC numbers:
- 2 fl. oz.: UPC #753642000999
- 8 fl. oz.: UPC #753642001002
- 16 fl. oz.: UPC #753642001002
- 32 fl. oz.: UPC #753642001019
- 65 fl. oz.: UPC #753642001033
- 128 fl. oz.: UPC #753642001040
If you purchased this product and are allergic to milk or have lactose intolerance, do not eat it. Consumers who have bought this product may take it back to the place of purchase for a full refund. Sabji Mandi is headquartered in Jackson Heights, New York.