M.E. Thompson, Inc. is expanding its January recall of sandwiches because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Listeria infections can be serious and sometimes fatal in the very young, elderly, those with weakened immune systems, and the chronically ill. The infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
- Turkey & Ham Footlong
- UPC number 0543200194
- Italian Footlong
- UPC number 0543200196
- Classic Cuban
- UPC number 0543200156
- Expiration dates from January 19, 2012 through May 2, 2012 located on white press on circular label
- Lot numbers from 00112 through 10412
- Distributed January 2, 2012 through April 13, 2012 to convenience and grocery stores nationwide
- Under the labels Anytime Deli, Sandwich Center, and Dandee
- Packaged in white butcher wrap
No confirmed illnesses have been reported to date. The problem was discovered during routine sampling by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Return any sandwich to the place of purchase for a refund. For questions, call 1-800-394-6258 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST.