Whole Foods Market is recalling its variety cupcake six-packs sold in Northern California because some of the cupcakes contain undeclared walnuts. Walnuts are tree nuts, one of the major food allergens.
One illness has been reported. Anyone with an allergy to walnuts may suffer a serious or life-threatening reaction if they eat these cupcakes.
- Whole Foods Market cupcake six-packs
- Packed in clear, plastic clamshell containers
- All expiration “packed on” dates before May 10, 2012
- Sold in Northern California
- Packs include several flavors, including chocolate, red velvet, vanilla, and carrot cake
- Only the carrot cake cupcakes contain the walnuts
- Sold in these towns:
- Los Altos
- Mill Valley
- Palo Alto
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Santa Rosa
If you have purchased this product, return to the store for a full refund. For questions, contact the individual stores.