Jonlly Fruits Inc. of Puerto Rice is recalling Jonnly Fruit and Natural Tropic beverages in several flavors because they contain undeclared sodium caseinate, a milk derivative, that is one of the major food allergens. The FDA has posted this recall in Spanish. You can see all product labels at the FDA site.
- Jonnly Fruit and Natural Tropic
- China (Orange)
- Acerola (Wild Cherry)
- Uva (Grape)
- Parcha (Passion Fruit)
- Fruta (Fruit Punch)
- Limón (Lemon)
- Toronja (Grapefruit)
- Guava-Piña (Guava-Pineapple)
- Guanábana (Soursop)
- China Light (Orange Light)
- Mandarin (Mandarina)
- China-Zanahoria (Orange-Carrot)
- Expiration dates from March 1, 2012 to July 2, 2012
- Packed in 1 gallon plastic containers and 64 ounce bottles
The company has reformulated the product to eliminate the use of the ingredient. Provisional labels declaring the allergens were used to re-label the products already available for distribution.
If you have purchased these products, look for the additional label declaring the ingredients. If that label is not on the product, call the company at 1-787-787-0625.